Guidelines for Learners and Parents
There is no formal/structured homework given to your child/ward. However all incomplete class-work in respect of notes; worksheets and activities must be done as homework. An assessment activity plan is given to learners at the beginning of each term and should serve as a guide to complete their homework. Assignments; projects; speeches ; etc are all part of homework- in this regards your child/ward will be given a detailed guideline as to the requirements together with the assessment criteria. Your child /ward has been given a homework record book-it is his/her responsibility to take down the homework given.
In the event of your child/ward failing to complete a unit of homework for assessment purposes the following procedure will apply.
1. Formal assessments will be given to pupils as stipulated in the assessment plan.
2. The duration of the project/ assignment/ activity will depend on the nature of the assessment i.e. 1 day to 4 weeks. The due date is to be set accordingly.
3. If a learners does not submit a project/ assignment after a reasonable due date, the subject teacher must inform the parent of the non- submission of the assignment/ project. The parent must acknowledge receipt of the letter. The learner must acknowledge the letter if the parent fails to respond.
4. Thereafter learners will be 2 days to complete and submit the assessment activity for marking. A 10% penalty will be imposed.
5. If after the second date, the learner fails to submit the assessment activity and after consultation with HOD, the pupil will be awarded a zero.
DID YOU KNOW?
Hartley is an ECO School
DEAR Program – DROP EVERYTHING AND READ
The purpose of this program was to encourage our learners to read and improve their skills. We have a Library sponsored by AKM Docrat Trust which is a hive of reading activity.